The Lubrication Technician plays a significant role in preserving and improving the inherent reliability of plant machines and systems by delivering and supporting precise machine lubrication practices throughout the facility. Responsible for routine lubrication with oils and grease, record keeping, uses and develops lubricant contamination control practices, machine inspections and troubleshooting, automatic lubrication system inspection and troubleshooting, and oil analysis (sample collection, analysis, resolution of issues) for all lubricated mechanical systems. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Completion of assigned work orders in a reasonable amount of time dictated by priority given and upgraded urgency.
• Troubleshoot lubrication, dispensing and equipment problems.
• Records lubrication activities to verify equipment is serviced as scheduled using work orders, corrective and preventive.
• Will review adequacy of lubrication schedules and present changes or improvements to management as needed.
• Tracks lubricant usage of equipment via Excel spreadsheet. Orders and recommends lubricants, filters and equipment as needed or consumed.
• Maintenance of dispensing equipment and automatic systems.
• Will work with internal and external resources to help set up lubrication schedules and needs for new equipment installations.
• When not engaged in lubrication or PM’s, will assist in repair of production or facility machinery and equipment as assigned.
• Works safely and independently, often without direct supervision.
• Certified to perform lock out tag out procedures as necessary.
• May adjust work schedule as needed and approved to meet production schedules.
• Ability to read, understand, and develop corrective action based on oil analysis reports (predictive maintenance).
-Safe work habits.
-Ability to read and interpret technical documents.
-Ability to learn and work well with others.
-Ability to spot potential problems on equipment and follow up with corrective recommendations.
-Good oral and written communication skills.
-Understanding of preventive maintenance procedures and implementation.
-Ability to follow complex written or verbal procedures..
-Basic understanding of CMMS (SAP).
-Basic understanding of parts inventory systems and procedures.
-Ability to use computers along with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Sargento Foods - 13 months ago