Located in Kankakee , IL , Presence St. Mary's Hospital offers a mutually supportive atmosphere where your love of learning will be shared and appreciated by both management and peers. A warm, open relationship between management and staff also encourages participation in decisions on patient care and policy.
The Maintenance Mechanic/Boiler Operator provides a variety of general and preventative maintenance on hospital facilities, equipment, and/or boilers; participates in new construction and renovation work; operates and maintains stationary engines and various types of mechanical equipment that provide utilities and other environmental services for the hospital’s needs.
Presence Health is the largest health system based in Illinois, created in November 2011 through the merger of Provena Health and Resurrection Health Care. With over 150 locations, from physician offices and convenient outpatient centers to quality hospitals and senior living communities, we’re in communities big and small. Visit presencehealth.org to learn more.
- Ability to operate electrostatic and airless spray painting equipment
- Knowledge of steam plant operations and associated systems (i.e., Boiler Operator duties) desirable
- Good technical skills in the areas of refrigeration, minor plumbing, heating, ventilation, carpentry, painting, pumping, air conditioning (HVAC) systems, etc.
- Good communication skills for general contact with other personnel throughout the hospital
- High School or GED or 2 years of building/trades apprenticeship
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and email
- PREFERRED: Certification(s) in any or all construction trades, painting, and building services
Presence Health - 10 months ago