Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
We are seeking a
Manager of Analysis
to join our group in
This role will drive value for the Georgia-Pacific Gypsum Specialty business by providing actionable manufacturing analysis, reporting and process improvement for the businesses, including, Plaster, Fire Door Core, Gypsum Paper and Joint Compound.
While in this position you will obtain excellent knowledge of the key drivers of success in our business and will be provided the opportunity to learn from all levels of management in one of the largest private companies in America.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an understanding of economic thinking principles, strong financial analysis skills, capability with finance tools such as Excel and Access and proactive/self-driven work habits in a prior role. Experience within the manufacturing sector is preferred. Key qualities for success will include an inherent high level of integrity, and the effectiveness to communicate to internal customers within the framework of our operating culture. A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting or Economics is a minimum requirement.
• Economic decision-making
• Manufacturing cost variance analysis
• KPI tracking
• Planning and forecasting ownership
• Ad hoc analysis’
• Process improvements
Examples of Potential Project Work
• Coordinate with Operations to understand and value cost impacts of production gaps.
• Support Business level financial review. Includes items such as monthly Operations deck, variance reviews.
• Challenge partner with Accounting on product costs. Mentor and knowledge share.
• Assist plants with finance view on calculations and analysis for potential projects related to innovation, cost reduction, or sales support initiatives.
• Support Capital Lead analyst with capital and major maintenance analysis.
• Participate in Business review meetings, partner with Operations & FP&A Analyst to improve the results and provide the most useful data/analyses, assist with quantification of opportunities, and as knowledge grows act as challenge partner regarding opportunities identified.
• Ongoing cost analysis support for Plaster, Door Core, and paper product lines.
• Develop scorecard for key business drivers (natural gas usage, mat usage, paper usage.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting or Economics
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting or financial analysis role
• Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel - spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data analysis/manipulation and formula creation, etc., Access-query and PowerPoint – presentation creation/editing) is required
• Experience in a Corporate or Manufacturing accounting environment is preferred
Demonstrated relevant experience would include:
• Analytical roles with heavy ad hoc analysis requirements
• Process improvement initiatives
• Cost analytics
• Financial modeling
• Scorecard /key metric development
• Familiarity with the use of NPV/IRR and other investment valuation metrics
• Project management and facilitation skills
• Working with Senior Level Executives as well as line level individuals
Skills - Abilities:
• Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and responsibility
• Excellent business partnership skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven capabilities of strong economic thinking and manufacturing analysis needed.
• Requires strong customer focus and sense of urgency
• Must be flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
• Proactive/self-driven work habits with demonstrated ability to lead change and improve processes
• Clearly understand integrated financial systems
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more!
Georgia-Pacific - 14 months ago