An exciting career opportunity for a senior level Fire Alarm Design Engineer to join one of the region’s fastest growing companies. M.C. Dean, Inc. is a design-build electrical engineering, construction and technology company with more than 2700 employees with offices in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia; Richmond, VA; Baltimore, Maryland; Atlanta, Georgia; Raleigh, NC; Dallas, TX; Clearwater/Tampa, Florida and in Stuttgart, Germany.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com .
The Fire Alarm Engineering Design Manager is responsible for supervising all fire alarm cost estimating and design activities in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget. The preferred candidate will have a background working with Fire Alarm Specialty firms with a focus on complex fire alarm systems, including but not limited to large-scale network systems, emergency voice communication systems, mass notification systems, as well as high-rise and multiple building campus applications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Coordinates and reviews proposal efforts, budget preparation for proposal work, and preparation of project implementation procedures
• Responsible for staff scheduling and assignments
• Participates in preparation of project schedule and project interface schedule
• Presents design issues to customer, contractors and supplier
• Manages specifically assigned project deliverables
• Identifies and recommends work process improvement
• Participates in technical review meetings for conflict resolution in field, contractors and at suppliers
• Coordinates documentation with other disciplines/contractors and departments
• Performs, reviews, and supervises fire alarm engineering work on a department level, including stamping of drawings.
• Identifies design issues related to constructability and implements solutions.
• Identifies lessons learned for future reference and draws from previous “Lessons Learned” database for project deliverables.
• Prepares and reviews design guides and standards and coordinates such activities with functional engineering.
• Conducts Annual Performance Reviews, coaching, and career development discussions with employees
• 10-12 years of experience working in Fire Alarm design
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Protection Engineering Technology
• Georgia Professional Engineer (PE) License
• Must have management experience with a fire alarm design team of up to 10 personnel.
• Familiarity with the Notifier product line is preferred, but not required.
• Ability to analyze complex systems and develop fire detection and protection system deliverables.
• Knows how to perform all fire detection and protection system design activities on projects of large size and complexity.
• Knows how to prepare complex engineering budgets and schedules.
• Understands technical issues and costs related to selection of complex fire detection and protection system design features.
• Familiar with standard suppliers of systems, equipment and materials in business line.
• Knows procurement process for fire detection and protection system equipment and bulk materials.
• Knows how to manage technical discussions with third parties (customer, contractors, suppliers, and regulators).
• Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association and Georgia codes and standards, Safety Orders of the Division of Occupational Safety and Health required in the design and layout of fire detection and protection systems.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Security Clearance eligibility (Active Security Clearance is preferred but not required).
• Up to 25% travel, must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
• Must be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects anywhere in the operating area, may be required to travel or relocate to project locations within the U.S. or international locations for short-term or long-term duration.
M.C. Dean, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical...