The Marketing Communications Manager works within the Office of Marketing Communications and will work collaboratively with the School of Health Sciences and Human Performance to coordinate the School’s marketing and communications needs; designs and implements strategies that are in line with the College’s brand strategies. The Marketing Communications Manager oversees and develops events, projects, publications, web content and e-communications to promote the School to prospective students, alumni, donors, the campus community, and general public. The Marketing Communications Manager works directly with staff, faculty, and students in the School to coordinate and manage marketing efforts.
1. Provide marketing communications support for the School of Health Sciences and Human Performance in consultation with the Office of Marketing Communications.
2. Develop an annual marketing communications plan for the School of Health Sciences and Human Performance to include measurable goals to increase visibility with specific audiences, a timeline, budget, and mechanism for evaluation.
3. Execute the marketing communications plan and support School of Health Sciences and Human Performance programs with professional services such as writing, publications, special events, media relations coordination, and promotions. Manage and make recommendations on the use of paid print and online advertising to support the School.
4. Recommend, conduct and support market research to test effectiveness of communications as needed; use results to evaluate current programs and formulate future plans.
5. Attend School of Health Sciences and Human Performance events and programs, getting to know the needs, strengths, assets, and personnel of the School. Potential for occasional travel to off-campus events.
6. Work with the Office of Marketing Communications Media Relations staff to ensure consistent and appropriate messaging, publicity and communication for School of Health Sciences and Human Performance programs and events and faculty, staff and student accomplishments. Serve as a source to Media Relations and Communication staff for faculty experts and story ideas by sharing news and opportunities uncovered through work within the School.
7. Serve as a regular member of the web communications team to maintain and develop content for School of Health Sciences and Human Performance web sites. Establish, update, and disseminate style guidelines, develop and maintain content for School of Health Sciences and Human Performance web profiles, and monitor department profiles. Serve as a resource to and provide support for departments and faculty in the development of web profiles.
8. Coordinate recruitment and yield activities within the School to include overseeing the preparation of recruitment and yield materials, including letters and publications, and School communication with accepted students.
9. Identify photography needs in the School, and coordinate photo shoots. Coordinate production of powerpoint and video projects for use at recruitment and special projects, and on the web.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field with progressively responsible experience in marketing communication, higher education or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated knowledge of the development and execution of promotional materials, advertising, public relations, market research and other marketing communication techniques; strong writing and communication skills; previous content management web maintenance experience; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead groups to consensus; and experience coordinating and overseeing the design and production of online or print projects are required. Experience and interest in the areas of health, health education, and sport and leisure is preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals must apply online at apply.icjobs.org, and attach a cover letter, resume, a list containing the contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and up to two sample(s) of writing. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard