Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
This is a full time manager/contributor role primarily focused on guiding all marketing planning and execution for assigned markets and segments. The marketing manager will track and assess market point of views, write and communicate market plans, lead and contribute to project teams, set and review metrics with the objective of maximizing Georgia-Pacific profitability and supporting sustainable growth.
This role reports to the division marketing leader and take project direction from business leaders at our corporate headquarters in downtown Atlanta, GA. This position also requires meeting participation at our R&D facility in Decatur, GA and business travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, paper sciences, chemistry, chemical, petroleum engineering or related technical disciplines.
- At least 6 years work experience in a marketing lead/supervisor role.
- Experience in a chemical or B2B industrial manufacturing business.
- Requires up to 15% travel.
- Experience leading projects and working with multi-disciplinary teams
- At least two years of experience selling products in a B2B environment.
- Masters of Business Administration degree or candidate.
- Experience negotiating or executing complex projects – such as sales and supply agreements.
- Passion for growth, new technology and markets with demonstrated strategic thinking and performance.
- Understanding and execution of marketing theory and practice including marketing research techniques.
- Ability to perform both detail and high level tasks.
- Proven ability to simultaneously juggle multiple priorities, some with immediate deadlines as well as long-term strategic timelines.
- Ability to add value to business discussions and decision-making through respectful, fact-based challenges.
- Financial and quantitative analysis skills (creating, reviewing and interpreting models).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Confident self-starter with strong people and relationship building skills.
- Proficient with developing and facilitating presentations to groups.
The role must work effectively with internal and external contacts to achieve objectives with a sense of urgency. Specific expectations are to:
1. Serve as subject matter expert on all aspects of the marketing mix to support plans and decisions.
- Perform a variety of marketing tasks, sometimes directing the work of others.
- Continuously learn and share with other project team members.
- Gather and assess market intelligence using primary and secondary data sources.
- Understand pricing elements (cost, value and competition) to develop value propositions and implementation tools.
- Contribute toward building business segment strategies and division’s marketing capability and knowledge.
2. Develop and execute market segment strategies.
- Lead and participate in new product/offering development projects.
- Develop and manage marketing projects and related budgets.
- Write, clearly communicate, and execute market and segment specific plans including forecasts, drivers and metrics over 2-5 year horizon.
- Keep abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjust plans accordingly.
- Research and recommend appropriate sales channels and strategies.
- Engage with and provide strategic direction to communications manager on communications tools and tactics. Proof-read and approve specific communications pieces.
- Develop and evaluate business and financial plans. Recommend course of action for long-term impact on margin growth in selected markets.
- Compile and maintain a library of historic market data, analysis and plans. This includes insight on direct users as well as downstream applications and influencers.
- Represent Georgia-Pacific Chemicals in industry and corporate forums.
Georgia-Pacific - 12 months ago