You don't just want a job. You want an opportunity to be part of something special. A career at Spirit AeroSystems is that and more. This is where employees every day are given the chance to Dream Big and Make It Fly!
Spirit is a recognized leader in the global aerostructures market. Our customers are some of the best known aerospace manufacturers in the business. That means our employees work with exciting technologies and materials to design and build some of the world's most popular aircraft. If you are looking for a company where you can make an impact right away, sharpen your skills, and be part of a dynamic culture, Spirit is the place for you. Teamwork is essential. Diversity is more than just a slogan. Initiative and innovation are valued. Our employees are leaders in community involvement and civic responsibility. Our company has a reputation for strengthening the communities where we live and work.
Researches, develops, analyzes, designs, and tests company products using engineering and scientific principles. Translates engineering and scientific concepts from preliminary ideas through product life cycle. Analyzes and verifies product design and performance for adequacy, including reliability. Researches and develops material and processes that support the translation from abstract concepts to functional products. Applies knowledge of engineering and scientific methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products, services, and processes. Integrates technical, cost, value, and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with customer, regulatory, and company requirements; documents results in drawings, data sets, reports, specifications, and supporting data. Interfaces with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
* Apply knowledge of engineering and scientific principles to the structural materials and processes disciplines in order to support the design, development, procurement, evaluation/inspection, and manufacturing of aerospace, primarily metallic, materials and the processes related to their use in the production of aerostructures (fuselage and propulsion systems).
* Apply knowledge of material properties in order to develop, select, or recommend materials that meet the environmental and regulatory requirements for chemical, environmental, and mechanical systems.
* Apply knowledge of fabrication assembly processes in order to develop production process standards that are repeatable, cost effective, environmentally friendly, and meet contractual and regulatory requirements.
* Apply engineering knowledge in order to develop and maintain engineering standards/specifications and develop and manage research projects to resolve problems and improve manufacturing processes (e.g., time, cost, etc.).
* Ability to use analytical problem solving skills to resolve problems with company suppliers in the field of materials or processes that affect company products as necessary.
Education and Additional Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Materials or Metallurgical Engineering discipline (ABET accredited institution is preferred and Physical Metallurgy degree is preferred) with a minimum of two to five years of directly related technical experience in engineering (or an equivalent combination of education and experience.)
* The candidate shall have relevant experience in the aerospace and/or aircraft industries.
* The candidate shall also have strong project planning, critical thinking, technical leadership, written and oral communication skills.
* The candidate shall have the ability to travel (estimated 3 to 5 trips averaging 3 days each) periodically per year.
* Proficiency in CAD tools (Catia V5, Enovia, PDMLink, etc.), Engineering Resource Planning Tools (SAP) and MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, Access, etc.) is preferred.
Spirit AeroSystems - 15 months ago