Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
We are now accepting applications for our MBA Product Management internship for summer 2013 in our Foodservice Division, part of the GP Professional business. This position will report out of Georgia-Pacific’s headquarters in Atlanta.
o Implement a comprehensive strategy to increase the penetration of GP
- MBA Product Management interns will be assigned to a Category and have one primary project that addresses key business priorities. Previous MBA intern assignments include:
value-added products in the small business segment.
o Work with product management, R&D and finance to develop next generation
GP value-added products, and build financial justification for product launch.
- Assignments will vary based on candidate’s background and interests, and on the current needs of the business. Additional projects may be undertaken, time permitting.
- Interns will present their analysis and conclusions to Georgia-Pacific senior leadership.
- Opportunities will be afforded to explore functions across the organization and gain exposure to multiple areas of the business.
- Interns will participate in GP management training courses, and social events will be held with interns in other parts of GP if applicable.
- Successful interns will be strongly considered for full time product management roles within GP.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be currently enrolled in a MBA program
- 3 or more years of experience in product management, marketing, consulting, or related field
- General knowledge of product management (branding, supply chain, manufacturing, pricing, marketing and sales).
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Strong financial acumen, problem-solving capabilities and project management skills.
- Sense of urgency, customer focus and ability to influence and gain support from peers and leaders across the organization.
- 2 years ago - save job