The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized, faith based, nonprofit organization, seeks a MBS Systems Auditor for the DFW Metroplex Command located in Dallas, Texas. The MBS System Auditor:
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Trains, supervises, and supports bookkeepers/accounting personnel for the DFW Metroplex Command and reviews accounting records, ledgers, and statements for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates the financial operations of the Corps within the DFW Metroplex Command including accounts receivables, accounts payables, payroll, and audits of the command Corps; ensures the proper procedures are followed by bookkeepers/accounting personnel with respect to journals, various ledger activity, updating of the chart of accounts, required cash logs, back-up of data, and custodian of all financial reports; ensures the accuracy and completeness of the same.
- Analyzes fiscal management and summary findings; evaluates and recommends solutions to improve the current problematic accounting situations; assesses weak spots in internal control of accounting, banking, expenditures, sales, etc.
- Verifies information and data of financial reports and investigates any discrepancies or lack of information and makes necessary corrections as needed; reviews accounting system batches to ensure accuracy for posting.
- Ensures the financial integrity including accurate financial records; compiles and interprets financial information including cost and cash flow analysis and advises the Commanding Officers regarding the same.
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion in the generation, reconciliation, and review all ledger accounts for accuracy on a monthly basis; works with unit bookkeepers and accounting personnel in preparing and entering all correcting journal entries;
- Assists in the maintenance of the Chart of Accounts for each Corps and updates and makes amendments where necessary; reviews end of the month reports including, but not limited to, registers, postings, financial reports, and bank reconciliations for accuracy and completeness prior to delivery to local units for retention.
- Trains and provides guidance to employees at the Corps on the use of the financial software including steps to properly perform data entry for check writing, receipt entry, and all reports.
- Provides phone support to employees at the Corps for minor problems that arise in Great Plains and serves as liaison to DHQ finance department to resolve more complex problems.
- Initiates accounting system processes to compile, review, and analyze trial balance/accounts for integrity before closing the books both monthly and annually; ensures proper accounting of all journal entries into the General Ledger.
- Assists with imports and exports of the approved annual budget for each location into MBS; implements depreciation of assets schedules and ensure that appropriate journal entries in Great Plains to record assets for each location according to The Salvation Army policy.
- Compiles and analyzes fiscal closing statements including required reports and statements; monthly closing for each location including required reports and statements; ensures the accuracy and completeness of the same.
- Four years work in accounting accompanied by experience working in a religious, charitable organization preferred, or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of accepted principles, methods, and practices of modern accounting, finance, budgeting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); knowledge of Lotus Notes, Excel, and Great Plains; knowledge of the principles and practices of general business administration, supervision and management.
- Ability to evaluate the organizations accounting and financial functions, respond to deficiencies by identifying and implementing appropriate corrective actions, develop and administer sound policies, procedures and budgets, and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to integrate and interpret data from various sources and to plan, develop, and implement responsible strategies.
- Ability to scrutinize financial reports and documents ensuring integrity, accuracy and completeness of the same
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
$32,000 - $35,000 DOE
Additional Comments :
- Valid Texas Drivers License Required