We have a North Houston client with an immediate need for a MCL/PCL Developer. This is a contract position with a dynamic Naval Engineering company working out of their Greenspoint office.
Your responsibilities would include:
Be part of our client's team responsible for ensuring the efficiency, ease of use, reliability and scalability of the core graphical, database and GUI software applications based on MSC technology. Develop the 3D data visualization tools, User Interface, and technologies that are used for high-end strength assessment of large ships. Work to create functional and efficient application interfaces, build and release processes, and collaborate to produce effective documentation. Participate in design discussions, development and deployment in large-scale state-of-the-art computing facilities across the world with geographically dispersed developer team and user base.
The role will require you to work with highly-qualified researchers and software engineers to gather requirements, perform analysis, scope, plan, design, code, implement automated unit testing and deploy scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant modules and libraries. You are expected to have a thorough understanding of technical concepts required for software engineering and deployment and should be able to navigate and quickly understand complex code and systems. The position demands excellent analytical and problem solving skills and applicants must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. You should be a person with great technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, drive for results and ability to work independently.
Key Targets and Measures
The candidate must be able to work as part of a team of technical professionals yet be self-motivated and pro-active in accomplishing technical goals. While there are no on-call requirements for this position, business needs may occasionally require that the candidate work after hours or on weekends.
To be a fit, you'll need to match the following requirements:
- Proven experience with MSC/PATRAN and PATRAN Command Language (PCL) programming.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or another technical-related field.
- Demonstrated experience with code management systems for software revision control.
* Proven experience with software life cycle: especially development/validation/testing preferred.
- Proven experience with graphics display building tools and User Interface Design (GUI).
* Working knowledge of MSC/Nastran, finite element modelling/analysis.