Branch: McCleskey-East Cobb /Northeast Cobb Family YMCA
Supervisor: Wellness Director
Under the direction of the Wellness Director, the Level I-Wellness Coach will build personalized relationships that will support members as they learn and take action toward their health and well-being goals. This position must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the policies, organizational competencies, mission, and values established by the YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta.
TRAINING REQUIRED WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF EMPLOY:
- High school or GED degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of general weight lifting and health/wellness concepts and the ability to demonstrate use of wellness-related equipment are required.
- Pass the State of Georgia Criminal Background check.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles Principles
- YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning Course
- Metro Atlanta COACH APPROACH™ Certification
- FitLinxx Orientation
- CPRO/ AED Certification, renewed annually
- Metro Atlanta YMCA Orientation (for full-time employees)
- Any other required certifications or trainings
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES – Leader
- Models the Organizational Competency Guidelines as outlined.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required including orientation CD, FitLinxx operation and equipment orientation prior to working on the wellness floor.
- Follows strength training and nutrition guidelines, complying with the National YMCA and ACSM guidelines.
- Cleans, maintains and checks equipment under the direction of the supervisor, reporting any repair needs
- Monitors the wellness center floor and helps members as needed, while enforcing wellness center policies and guidelines.
- Knows, understands and consistently applies Metro Atlanta YMCA risk and safety guidelines/best practices, and/or branch emergency procedures
- Maintains certifications by meeting continuing education requirements (YMCA certifications require 15 hours of Continuing Education Credits every 3 years).
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Mission Advancement : Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports Partner With Youth Fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness : Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities on wellness floor that includes manipulating controls on exercise equipment, seeing the screen to manipulate data, demonstration of equipment use, and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Occasional exposure to noise levels at an average of 90 decibels (music) over an eight-hour day.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The Level I-Wellness Coach will be part of the team helping the Metro Atlanta YMCA become the leader in providing health and well-being benefits to adults, youth, and children by engaging them in physical activity. The Level I-Wellness Coach is integral in delivering our belief that the Y is for Youth Development, For Healthy Living and For Social Responsibility. Our end result is to have “Delighted Members” by striving to meet or exceed supervisor and/or member expectation.
Hours: Part-time, non-exempt
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Apply online: press “ Apply for this Position ” or “ Add to My Jobs ” button below
Contact Phone: No Phone Calls Please
Close Date: February 28, 2013