Primary Job Focus:
The candidate must complete a 16-week instructional course to prepare the candidate to manage one of our grocery retailing sites. Categories such as Business Skills, Leadership and Management Skills, Store Department Skills, Human Resources Skills and Store Systems Skills are components of the program. Training modules will be a blend of in-store and on-the-job training; classroom instructor led training, and on-line e-learning.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and organize workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude or skills for effective merchandising.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to perform light to moderate manual labor/task driven functions
- Willing to be flexible and work long hours as the work demands.
- Willing and available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to multitask and work within short deadlines
- Willing and able to accept assignments at various locations around the state
- Willingness to embrace Company initiatives and enthusiastically communicate the Plan to store associates.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA from an accredited university or college
- Departmental manager or other supervisory experience
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethics and integrity
- Ability to work with and direct others
- Understanding of all key components of retail operations (ie. merchandising, inventory management, shrink control, customer services, labor scheduling, expense control, etc.)
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, OSHA compliance, food handling, etc.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT WWW.JAYCFOODS.COM/CAREERS AND SELECT STORE OPPORTUNITIES.
EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION AND PASSING OF A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.
Kroger - 19 months ago