The Vons Division Floral Department has an opening for a Manager, Division Operations located in the Vons Division Office.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- 4-year college degree in business or equivalent floral experience.
- 5 years retail store and floral field merchandiser experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to accept change and be a proponent of change as business demands dictate.
Salary: Actual beginning salary will be based on the responsibilities of the job and the candidate's experience.
- Manage the operational execution of programs for floral within the division.
- Participate in developing strategic direction for floral.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of sales and marketing programs.
- Develop strategies for improving the superior service skills of the division.
- Manage integration of acquisitions including training.
- Ensure all products received meet our corporate quality standards and specifications.
- Supervise and coach a staff of field merchandisers to implement best practice merchandising techniques.
- Manage store efforts on initiatives on Safeway Performance Optimization Report. (Shrink reduction, service, etc.).
- Oversee Safeway Category Optimization Process retail execution efforts.
- Heavy travel within the division.
Note: For consideration- current salary, salary history, and salary requirements are required on both the resume and employment application.
Closing Date: November 19, 2012
Respond to: www.careersatsafeway.com
Safeway Corp. - 21 months ago