As the MDS Coordinator you will be part of a
multidisciplinary team. Responsibilities include MDS
assessments, multidisciplinary team meetings, and
maintenance of MDS schedule. This is a salaried position
in a long term care facility with a sub-acute unit. You
must be detail oriented, posses good organizational
skills and be computer literate. Familiarity with online
processing of assessments a plus.
Direct the Resident Assessment Process through assisting
with the completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and
CAA’s. Participate in developing individualized resident
Care Plans, identifying the needs of the resident and
projected outcomes as required by Federal and State
- MDS/RAI Care Plan Functions
- Complete nursing assigned MDS items, CAA’s and Care
Plans as designated by the facility.
- Participate in the resident Care Plan Meetings.
- Required RN licensure in the state of practice and
experience in PPS and OBRA assessments
- Previous experience in a hospital, long-term
facility, or other healthcare related facility.
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and
restorative nursing and medical practices and
procedures and laws, regulations and guidelines
governing long-term care.
- Computer skills-Windows applications, computer
experience Accu Med experience preferred.
- Previous experience as an MDS Coordinator is
- Previous experience in completing MDS’ and Care
Plans is required.
CareOne - 19 months ago