This position is for a MEAT/SEAFOOD MANAGER TRAINEE SNE
*** Must have mobility to the greater Yarmouth, Brunswick, Topsham, Lewiston and Auburn locations ***
*** Must have availability on nights, weekends and holidays ***
*** Experience Preferred ***
*** Must be able to tolerate working in extreme cold temperatures ***
*** Heavy lifting is a major function of this position ***
*** This training program is not intended as a guarantee of future positions. The intent of the program is to provide the district with an additional pool of candidates for current and future management needs. It also provides the selected candidate(s) with technical and management skills and the opportunity to practice those skills making them a more qualified candidate for future leadership positions ***
1. Foster a positive and inclusive environment to retain associates and customers.
2. Ensure that all quality standards are met.
3. Manage department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
4. Ensure the maintenance of the department’s appearance and presentation.
5. Hire, train and develop associates to meet the department needs.
6. Attain departmental financial objectives.
7. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Seafood/Meat associates assigned.
8. Role model outstanding friendly customer service.
9. Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
10. Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
11. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Ability to use technical information to solve problems. Must meet minimum age requirement. Thorough knowledge of MPP is required. A strong working knowledge of established standards and sanitation requirements are necessary. Effective time management skills are necessary, as well as the proven ability to manage people. Flexibility is a must. Should be physically able to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally. Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
1. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive counseling when necessary.
2. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
3. Ensure department associates are properly trained by certified trainers.
4. Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed as outlined.
5. Build and maintain ice wall.
6. Perform Meat Cutter Functions as necessary.
7. Develop product knowledge in all areas of the Meat department (all fresh beef items, pork and chicken, all natural products, fresh or frozen along with your process meat items, including meat product preparation) and Seafood department (quality specifications, filleting/steaking/ dressing, core variety, preparation ideas, etc.).
8. Conduct performance appraisals on all department associates according to company standards.
9. Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associate’s personal needs.
10. Understand and use company tools such as, MPP, financial reports, scheduling, ordering and business information systems.
11. Ensure operational and merchandising standard practices are followed to maximize profitability, paying special attention to priority categories.
12. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
13. Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety, and food safety standards.
14. Understand the causes and means for resolving and limiting shrink.
15. Have total understanding of the Meat and Seafood department’s standard practice manuals and Program manuals for each Meat program.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...