MEDICAL DIR / GRP MED DIR ONC/IMM(Job Number: 1201060)
- Contribution to select oncology discovery compounds, their transition into early clinical studies and the design, authoring and execution of proof-of-concept research plans and protocols that meet regulatory, safety and commercial objectives.
- Interpret clinical data and make appropriate decisions and recommendations based on safety and efficacy of drug candidates under investigation.
- Provide medical expertise on drug-drug interactions and drug resistance of compounds in development and in life cycle management.
- Serve as one of the company's scientific and medical experts for the relevant area of medical expertise, and represent the interests of BMS at public forums.
- Develop clinical strategies for early phase clinical assets.
- Contributes to the writing, review and publishing of reports submitted to regulatory agencies. Represents BMS at advisory boards and public forums. Identify and build relationships with thought leaders and principal investigators and gather input on disease areas and design of clinical programs.
- Participates in licensing teams in the evaluation of clinical or preclinical external opportunities. Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives, effective team-building and effective communication across the BMS oncology community.
Job Function: Clinical Pharmacology
- Qualified individuals must possess an M.D. degree with fellowship training and be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Oncology.
- Experience in conceptualizing early clinical development programs for oncology/immuno-oncology drugs, including selection of relevant biomarkers and pharmacodynamic endpoints is preferred.
- Experience with tumor immunology, clinical immunotherapy of cancer helpful, but not essential. Ability to plan, develop and execute early clinical development studies for oncology drugs.
- Expertise in using scientific methods to test hypotheses, statistically design, analyze, interpret and report results is required. The candidate should have experience delivering effective presentations on both technical and non-technical subjects. Excellent communication skills, the ability to deliver effective presentations and strong networking abilities and creativity are essential requirements.
- Applicants should have strong leadership skills, yet be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Princeton
: R&D - Research
Bristol-Myers Squibb - 2 years ago
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) may be a giant in transition, but its still a pharmaceutical giant. The company's blockbuster cardiovascular...