MEDICAL DIRECTOR - FAMILY COUNSELING CENTER - Part Time
Psychiatrist currently licensed by the Massachusetts State Board of Registration in Medicine and currently Board certified or eligible for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Documentation of Malpractice Insurance coverage with minimum coverage limits of $1 to $3 million. Good listening skills, nonjudgmental ability to foster self-sufficiency in families using problem-solving and practical skills. Ability to establish trusting relationships through compassion, empathy and insight. Be an effective member of a Team. Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of staff and families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Evaluate the psychological, neurological, and psycho-pharmacological status of clients;
• Provide ongoing medication follow-up of clients;
• Provide direct psychotherapy when indicated;
• Be available for emergency consultation as assigned by Corporate Medical Director;
• Serve on Multidisciplinary and Utilization Review Teams, as assigned by Corporate Medical Director or Clinic Director;
• Provide consultation in diagnostic formulations and development of treatment plans;
• Coordinate Center’s relationships with hospitals and provisions of general hospital consultations as requested by Corporate Medical Director or Clinic Directors;
• Supervise assigned clinical and medical staff including Clinical Nurse Specialists or other authorized and licensed Prescribing Clinicians.
• Perform other reasonable duties as requested by supervisor.
Boston, Worcester, MA
MSPCC is a private, nonprofit society dedicated to leadership in protecting and promoting the rights and well being of children and...