This position will oversee a group of Production Editors (PEs) specializing in medical titles. Working with the other Production Editor Managers, the Medical Manager will review and assign incoming manuscripts to specific PE’s, answer questions and provide guidance for PE’s during the entire production process, while protecting the quality and schedule of all titles.
- Manage Production Editing Group.
- Recruit, oversee, and evaluate outside vendors capable of high-end medical production. Train new vendors and eliminate poor performing vendors.
- Review and assign new manuscripts, monitor the workload and abilities of each Project Editor.
- Provide guidance and answer PE Questions about specific jobs in process.
- Resolve problems/issues with specific jobs by working with the author and/or acquiring editor.
- Ensure that jobs remain on schedule and that company quality standards are maintained.
- Must have a minimum of three years experience as a Medical Production Editor or a similar position within the production department of a medical publisher.
- Substantial understanding of layout and graphic specifications for high-end surgery titles.
- Highly developed language skills
- Self-starter, with strong organizational skills
- Management experience for at least one year.
- Excellent communication skills.
Bachelor of Arts or Science degree IS REQUIRED.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . EOE / DFWP
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Taylor and Francis Group, LLC - 12 months ago