Medical Records/Insurance Specialist
Baylor Surgicare at North Garland is a highly successful, Baylor affiliate ASC located in Garland. We partner with the very best team members and medical staff in the area. We are a multispecialty facility that performs over 2,900 procedures per year.
Some Facts about Baylor Surgicare at North Garland:
- Opened in 2005
- 6 Operating Rooms
- Located at President George Bush Freeway (aka190) and Shiloh/Telecom Parkway in the Baylor Medical Plaza
- Specialties include: Orthopedics, Pain Management, Urology, GI/Endoscopy, Plastic, Podiatry and ENT
- Managed by United Surgical Partners International
- Joint Commission Accredited
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible for covering any aspect of the business office necessary. Many duties includes scheduling, insurance verification, financial counseling, patient calls and chart building.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding multi tasking abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies insurance prior to patient’s arrival, to include “Add On’s and Direct Admits"
- Obtains pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification.
- Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for Authorization.
- Calculating and Informing patients of amount due
- Communicating with the Dr. office’s
- Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
- Daily preparation of charts for next day’s surgeries within required deadline (NO LESS than 3 days prior to surgery, for all cases scheduled four days or more in advance of surgery date)
- Preparation of medical consents for each chart prepared
- Labeling necessary documents and adding physician orders
- Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill answering questions and setting up payment/payment plans.
- Utilization of various collection strategies and methodologies to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Knowledge of health care financing and Medical Collections preferred.
- Other duties as assigned
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum 1-2 years of ambulatory surgery or medical office experience required.
· Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
· Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
· Show a genuine desire to work and improve the facility as a whole.
· Extreme multi- tasker
· Strong medical terminology.
· Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
United Surgical Partners International - 18 months ago