Position Summary :
Under the direct supervision and guidance, the Medical Record Technicians perform a variety of duties service for departments in TCMC, outside the facility, insurance providers, Medical Clinics, and other customers. Follows established policies and procedures to protect patient confidentiality. Records are to be maintained in appropriate file sections in digit order for prompt retrieval.
Major Position Responsibilities :
- Efficiently utilizes the Medical Center’s medical record patient index, chart tracking, and other computerized department products that are used in the performance of all assigned duties.
- Locates, retrieves, provides, and files medical records as required. May utilize computerized filing and tracking systems.
- Answers phones on a multi-line phone system and assists with request, using interpersonal skills effectively to build and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- May perform authorizations and eligibility verifications.
- Organizes and files medical record documents using established systems.
- Organizes submission and retrieval of charts to and from the off-site storage provider.
- Receives, routes, copies, faxes, and subpoenas for request of patient information, addressing necessary information upon receipt, and ensuring documentation is recorded and logged. Ensures compliance with patient privacy.
- Perform audits for accuracy in the charge-out/charge-in process, as well as chart location and order.
- Performs various clerical support activities for coding and transcription
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the department concerning patient confidentiality and record location.
- Performs other related duties or projects as requested by department management.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- Two years experience in a medical office and/or completion of Medical Assistant/Administrative coursework, required.
- Knowledge of PPO, HMO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, and other government agency authorizations, required.
- Fast and accurate 10-key data entry skills and intermediate computer skills; 35 WPM typing skills, required.
- Excellent analytical, communication and clerical skills, required.
- Ability to concentrate and perform multiple job functions under limited time constraints with quality results, required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred.
- Business machine skills - including phone, fax, and copiers, required.
- Experience with medical records processing preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience, required.
Tri-City Medical Center - 10 months ago
For those in southern California's North County, the Tri-City Healthcare District is there to take care of your medical needs. The...