General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer in our Mechanical Engineering Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision with limited review, this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff and makes technical presentations as required. May coordinate segments of a specific project and may have frequent inter-organization and customer contact on difficult technical issues. Provides direction to design or technical staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.
- Supports operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, and repairs systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Directs the activities of designers, technicians and may direct the activities of less experienced professional staff.
- May represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Familiar with all standard fabrication process Machining, Welding, Sheet metal, Composites
Good working knowledge of mechanisms and drive trains ProE or similar 3D Solids Modeling software
Familiar with all Microsoft Office products Structural, thermal, and shock analysis
- 2 years ago - save job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...