General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Mechanical Test Engineer in our Mechanical Engineering Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision with limited review, this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems.
- Plan and conduct structural & mechanical tests and test programs.
- Design test fixtures as needed to characterize materials and hardware designs for aerospace applications.
- Select components, setup and operate test instrumentation including strain gages, load cells, airflow sensors, displacement sensors, etc.
- Assist in assembly and integration of hardware to be tested.
- Supervise test and direct technicians.
- Perform tests of mechanical assemblies to insure compliance with product specifications.
- Write test procedures and test reports.
- Must have good communication and documentation skills and work as a team with other project team members.
Experience preparing for and conducting complex structural tests on aircraft structures including strong background in strain gage instrumentation. Experience with composite materials testing at the coupon and element level. This position requires experience with operation and testing of sophisticated pneumatic, hydraulic, cryogenic and electrical mechanical systems. Must be able to plan, conduct and document tests in accordance with aerospace specifications. Hands-on mechanical engineering knowledge and skill. Must have a strong working knowledge of standard laboratory practices. Candidate needs to have the ability to supervise and train test laboratory personnel in the areas of sub-ambient, ambient, and elevated installations techniques for both static and dynamic test environments utilizing strain gages and transducers. Must have the ability to operate test software and standard Windows Office software. Candidate must have good time management skills with the ability to work independently as well as a team contributor. This individual must also have the ability to be resourceful and adapt to changing requirements, duties, work environment and demands. Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail. Must be deadline sensitive. Must be safety conscious. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Experience conducting tests on aerospace components/systems per MIL-STD-810 or RTCA DO-160. Experience testing servo-actuators or similar mechanisms. Experience in testing UAV’s.
General Atomics - 15 months ago
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...