Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
MMU Operator/Driver Assist the site by delivering products, properly following DOT regulatory requirements regarding explosive transportation, maintain and operate MMU’s and other distribution equipment and actively seek opportunities at customers’ site where Orica could sell services. Ensure product is transported to correct location in a timely and safe matter. Driver will have physical hand contact with moving raw materials and finished product. Promote the organization through contact with the customer in a safe, professional and efficient manner. AccountabilitiesSafety, Health & Environment, & Sustainability
- Follow SH&E program including JSERA’s, Emergency Plan, all other critical/core procedures as it relates to the MMU Operator/Driver at the site.
- Comply with Safety Charter and accidents, injuries, incident reporting procedures.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Ensure site’s MMU and distribution equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow all SH&E and compliance activities including training database, OSHA, MSHA, DOT, BATFE, and state level licensing/regulations.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment (PPE).
Creative Customer Solutions
- Pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicles including checking and filling fluid levels
- Ability to safely hook up and unhook all semi trailers including van and bulk tankers.
- Knowledge of MMU operation as well as daily bench site activities.
- Possession of CDL License with hazmat endorsement and strong knowledge of DOT compliance.
- Maintain equipment in a clean, safe operable condition
- Periodic equipment inspections
- Actively participate in the sites’ safety meetings including daily on-bench safety meetings.
- Assist in scheduling required equipment maintenance by communicating with Operations and Service Manager.
- Continuously be aware of costs and examine areas where costs could be reduces without compromising safety and efficient equipment operation.
- Net Promoter Scores
- Identify and assist in methods of improving MMU operation and productivity.
- Major, avoidable levels of equipment maintenance expense.
- Work with the management team at the site to operate within budget.
- Assist new less-experienced employees through a mentoring/coaching training program.
- Assist when required in the loading and stemming, under supervision of Blaster In Charge
- Awareness of importance of safety procedures and potential consequences if procedures are not followed in proper sequence and within regulations.
- Development of new, less-experienced MMU Operator/ Drivers in key competencies.
- Ability to work well with various levels of fellow employees and management at customers’ sites
- Success in pro-actively working in a team environment to ensure efficient operations.
- Moderate physical stress and long hours sometimes required.
- Primarily field settings in various types of weather and bench conditions.
- Some projects may require travel outside of regional market area.
- Bending, sitting, lifting up to 55 lbs., frequent use of hands.
- Must be flexible to customer demands including work schedules and dealing with weather changes.
- Aware of work environment, i.e. operation of large haulage vehicles and specialized equipment in and around blast patterns.
- Majority of time spent in MMU, including delivery equipment.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of DOT regulations
- CDL License with Hazmat endorsement.
- Minimum 1 year driving experience including demonstrated ability by completing driving evaluation by senior employee.
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximum efficiency.
- Some computer skills preferred including ability/willingness to learn.
CompetenciesSafety Awareness Developing Others Self Development Customer Service Focus Results Orientation Teamwork
- Good communication skills to function with fellow employees and customers.
- Excellent knowledge of equipment and its operational capability as well as constraints.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Promote professionalism within the blasting team.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
Orica USA - 21 months ago