Company is in need of an IT Procurement consultant to assist the IT procurement team with sourcing /software licensing activities as they transition to a new outsourced data center provider.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience with sourcing activities related to data center migration projects (preferred). They will need to have expert understanding of IT contracts/software license agreements, superior organization skills, and strong negotiation skills.
Job Purpose: The Principle IT Sourcing Analyst works independently and cross-functionally across the business to obtain the best cost, quality and service from suppliers with the highest level of accountability in the sourcing, communication and analysis work required to obtain the best cost, quality and service from suppliers for their assigned categories in relation to the IT spend. This role requires leadership in the development, deployment and execution of category and supply chain strategies along with the development of IT Procurement team and corporate project assigned to the position.
1. Owns category and supplier relationship management for a high-level spend of categories, to include negotiations, achieving best total cost of ownership solutions and optimal contract terms for the business in the most complex of categories.
2. Obtains IT service and materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, risk to the business and urgency of need.
3. Recommends sources of supply.
4. Establishes and maintains expertise in complex category groups relative to factors influencing process costs.
5. Executes complex RFP/RFQ processes and Projects; collecting data, organizing and analyzing results and influencing the decision making and executing implementation.
6. Leads complex contract management processes including, Standard Contracts, Master Service Agreements and Statements of Work.
7. Conducts regular business reviews with suppliers and internal business partners, executing sourcing strategies based on quality, delivery, cost and global market considerations.
8. Recommends strategies for assigned categories to ensure that company is aligned with the proper supply partners.
9. With a Lean lens, develop and support the implementation of process changes that optimize strategic sourcing and the value stream.
10. Develops and communicates supplier performance metrics in the scope of the categories managed, accountable for the resolution of all supplier corrective action as a result of underperformance.
11. Develops and leads complex cost reduction projects.
12. Assists Commodity Manager in leading components of the commodity team, including project development and management, workload balancing, delegation, and the mentoring of team members in the areas of professional development, process and business issues.
13. Presents, formally and informally, to Senior levels of management, including the executive to gave understanding and agreement of recommendations for large categories of spend.
14. Manages SAP system maintenance, including the material master, information records and source lists.
15. Liaison between Company and supplier to reconcile shipment variances.
16. Liaison between Product Engineering and supplier to maintain product specifications.
17. Accountable for communicating and resolving invoicing issues with suppliers.
18. Strong technical background with proven working knowledge of understanding IT concepts, project methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and network and telecom.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree or higher
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years of IT strategic sourcing experience including high value, complex Contract development and negotiations .
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven negotiation skills resulting in significant savings for a large organization.
- Established ability to communicate and influence with all levels of the organization and external suppliers.
- Ability to influence at all levels within an organization; internally and externally
- Ability to identify and develop new supply and supplier opportunities
- Recognized ability to lead a team without direct reporting structure.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and analytical ability
Dahl Consulting, Inc. - 15 months ago