Title: MNSure Navigator/Assistor (1 FTE)
Reports To: ResoruceWest – Executive Director
Description: Provides direct support services to individuals inquiring and/or enrolling in Health Insurance through MNSure.
Minnesota’s online marketplace MNsure, will help many previously-uninsured Americans access more affordable (and free) health care coverage.
Hours and Commitment:
30 to 40 hours/week
- Assist with planning and executing sign up days for uninsured Minnesotans.
- Inform consumers of health insurance options and the values of coverage, in addition to reviewing insurance options available through Mnsure.
- Explain, discuss and interpret coverage policies with consumers to facilitate plan selection.
- Identifying clients who do not have health insurance, providing information about MNSure, and assisting them in beginning the process of enrolling if eligible.
- Plan, coordinate, an execute enrollment assistance.
- Work with other agency staff to identify enrollment assistance needed in the community.
- Conduct presentation to local groups, small businesses, and others to educate them about MNSure.
- Other duties as assigned
This is a temporary position through December 2014 - DEPENDING ON GRANT FUNDING.
Qualifications of successful candidate:
$11.42-$14.50 per hour depending on qualifications.
- Bilingual in Somali and English is required.
- Bachelors degree in a human services related field.
- One to two years of direct experience in public information, community outreach, sales, or marketing helpful.
- Skills and experience in health care outreach helpful
- Community outreach and experience serving potentially underserved communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills,
- High degree of organization and time management skills.
- MUST pass Stare of MN Background check, complete all MNSure trainings, and PASS proficiency exam to obtain official certification as a MNSure Navigator.
- Must be able to observe/keep private all confidential and sensitive information.
- Must have reliable access to own transportation and a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance and good driving record is required.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and have knowledge of one or more hard-to-reach communities in Minnesota
- Understanding of Affordable Care Act implementation in Minnesota