To serve as a Site Coordinator for the Extended School Program at a local school. Working with the ESP director, 21 st Century evaluators, local school administrators, teachers, students, families, and others to establish and monitor before and after school programs that foster academic growth and esteem in young students.
Coordination and Advisory Duties: Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications : Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Previous work experience in educational programming or recreation preferred. Additionally the coordinator needs knowledge of the community and experience in collaboration with a variety of community partners. Other characteristics needed include: excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work with local teachers to ensure that before and after school programs support/reinforce the programs and services of the regular school day.
- To attend all meetings of the MREC ESP Program directed to by the ESP director.
- To work with the ESP director to gain input from educators, family members, civic leaders, and business partners regarding ESP programming.
- Work with local educators and administrators to identify children and families who would benefit from the ESP program.
- To help build strong ties between the site and area service providers including, but not limited to Extension Services, Parks and Recreation, etc.
- To work with the local USDA program to coordinate the before and after school nutrition program.
- Helps coordinate the evaluation of the 21 st CCLC within the school assigned.
- Coordinates for supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Coordinates the implementation of programs, daily activities, and special events.
- Schedules, monitors, and evaluates effectiveness of staff assigned or hired.
- Plans, helps sponsor, and participates in activities designed to implement goals of the MREC/ESP.
Terms of Employment : 225 days. Salary established by the Program Director. Subject for dismissal at Director’s discretion.
Salary : DOE
Reports to : ESP Program Director