- Hours: Variable
- Rotating Weekends
- South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, Northeast Imaging Center, 12602 Toepperwein, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78233
General Statement of Duties
Responsible to perform diagnostic procedures utilizing MRI and imaging equipment. Will perform all MRI procedures and is responsible for the quality control in the MRI area.
Essential Job Functions
1. Must demonstrate knowledge in all areas of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors associated with the MRI systems.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the RIS (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams).
3. Responsible for all other equipment used in MR (e.g. monitoring equipment, stereotactic biopsy equipment (where applicable) and any other devices/equipment used in MRI.
4. Demonstrates enthusiasm in performing and accepting work assignments.
5. Must demonstrates the ability to assess a situation consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
6. Will demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Additional Job Functions
1. May handle, pick up, deliver and/or stock non-controlled medications as directed by a licensed team member.
2. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
3. Understands and is committed to helping South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our
patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules and regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
1. Graduate of a Radiology School.
2. Previous experience in an out-patient MRI role desirable.
Minimum License and Certificates Required
1. Certification in one of the following;
• American Registration of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
• American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT)
• Registration by the Texas Department of Health (CMRT).
2. Must hold a current CPR certification or must obtain during orientation period.
Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient/heaviest object specific to the department.
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( X ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
Weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of
objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 8 months ago