- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- BCLS required
- Customer Service skills are required
- Experience is preferred
Under the supervision of the Chief Technologist and/or Lead Technologist, the MRI Technologist Aide assists the MRI Technologist in performing a variety of duties and procedures necessary for the everyday operations of the MRI department and patient schedule
1 Screens patients, obtains pertinent clinical history before MRI examination and fully informs patient about the exam.
2 Assists getting the patient changed for their exam.
3 Assists getting the patient in and out of the scan room.
4 Assists Technologist with positioning of patients.
5 Conducts proper discharge of patient. Confirms with the Technologist that the patient leaves with the correct patient films and/or CD.
6 Ensures the stocking of scan rooms and linen closets.
7 Assists sedated, claustrophobic, elderly, pediatric and inpatients on the respective grounds up to and including being in the scan room during the examination.
8 Greets patients in a prompt and courteous manner.
9 Works with MRI Chief Technologist in implementing policies regarding patient care.
10 Completes special projects as requested by management.
11 Reads and responds to all e-mails appropriately.
· The Technologist’s Aide must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Must maintain a professional manner and appearance.
· Must have experience with ill patients, sedated patients as well as inpatients.
· Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
· Must be self-motivated and have ability to work in healthcare setting
· Minimum of one to two years in a large, fast-paced business or medical facility. High school diploma or GED completion is required.
· Basic knowledge of PC computer systems, ability to learn basic scheduling software and work with word processing applications.
Licensure and Certification: Must have BLS Certification.
Beverly Hospital - 2 years ago