- Mon - Fri
- Hours: 8a to 5p
General Statement of Duties
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, 1310 McCullough Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78212
The MRI Technologist is responsible to perform diagnostic procedures utilizing MRI and imaging equipment. Performs all MRI procedures and is responsible for the quality control in the MRI area.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Must demonstrate knowledge in all areas of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors associated with the MRI systems.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the RIS (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
3. Responsible for all other equipment used in MRI, such as monitoring equipment, stereotactic biopsy equipment and any other devices/equipment used in MRI.
4. Demonstrates enthusiasm in performing and accepting work assignments.
5. Must demonstrates the ability to assess a situation consider alternatives and choose an appropriate
course of action.
6. Will demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric adolescent, adult and
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics
Education: ONE of the following:
A. Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology or MRI Program
B. Associates of Science or higher degree
1. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
Two years experience in MRI
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
New Hire: ONE
of the following within 6 months of hire date:
a. American Registration of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT (MR) certification
b. American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT).
License, Certificates, or Registrations
Medical Radiologic Technologist
(MRT) Certification from Texas Department of Health