MSW Mental Health-Per Diem
Job ID: 27463
Department: Mental Health Social Work
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - Regions Hospital & Clinics
Position Type: On Call
Anticipated Work Schedule: 7:30-4:00 Saturday and Sunday
Hrs/Pay Period: 0
To work under direct supervision by an LICSW to provide psychosocial and psychiatric assessment, treatment planning and referral, to patients and families at RegionsHospital or RHSC clinics using a full range of social work treatment modalities. To provide crisis intervention, counseling and psychotherapy as appropriate. To participate as an integral member of an interdisciplinary health care team. To work as part of the health care team to identify and progress a patient centered plan of care and discharge plans. To provide education to other health care professionals in the psychosocial aspects of patient care. To perform other duties as assigned.
MSW - from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), the Canadian Association of Schools of Social Work (CASSW), or a similar accreditation body designated by the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
Previous health care or social work experience preferred
* Knowledge of the values, principles and methodologies of social work
* Ability to integrate social, medical and psychotherapeutic data to make psychosocial assessments and implement social work treatment plans
* Knowledge of psychiatric, psychosocial, and chemical health diagnoses based on DSM IV-TR classification
* Knowledge of social work treatment methodologies
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with
patients, families, co-workers and community organizations.
* Sensitivity to cross-cultural issues.
* Knowledge of county, state and federal regulations regarding healthcare funding, civil commitments, child abuse, vulnerable adults, etc.
* Knowledge of community resources.
* Support and educate other disciplines when appropriate.
* Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
Licensure level of LGSW or LISW MN Board of Social Work
Minimum expectation of working two weekends per month and two holidays per year. LICSW preferred.
Regions Hospital - 6 months ago