Manage the Hotel Sales Referral Program under general guidelines provided by Head of Marketing in order to meet the needs of the business.
- College degree preferably in business or marketing, OR 3 years experience in sales and/or customer service in hotel, tour and travel industry or theme park.
- Self-starter and self-sufficient.
- Ability to work with a team and independent.
- Ability to interact with partners and clients.
- Requires a track record of success in serving customers, working in a team environment, listening and providing information.
- Requires excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be enthusiastic, willing to work in a face paced environment, and handle a high volume of calls.
- Must have attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of foreign languages and cultures is desirable; bilingual skills are also desirable.
- Valid CA Driver License, personal vehicle, and proof of insurance.
- Assist the Marketing department in implementing the year long hotel sales marketing plan.
- Conduct research regarding sales prospects. Identify and qualify legitimate sales opportunities. Manage and develop relationships with clients and prospects to achieve sales targets.
- Support sales with presentations to concierge sales teams and ticket agents.
- Monitor performance of programs. Provide accurate reports on sales to Head of Marketing and Finance Department.
- Build and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Follow up on commission payments and distribute to clients on a monthly basis.
- 70% of time is spent in direct sales to concierges at hotels in Los Angeles and the greater metro area and ticket agents for ticket brokers based in hotels.
- Manage incoming calls from concierges and ticket agents. Follow up calls to prospects by communicating via email, phone, fax, direct mail and in person.
- Communicate monthly with concierges and ticket agents about new product development (experiences), hours of operation, pricing, and incentive programs.
- Provide training and support for Admissions/Attractions/Street Team staff on hotel sales referral program.
- Execute figure stunting in hotels, concierge events and other off-site marketing events.
- Find a way to reach Convention attendees through hotel and convention center contacts.
- Manage commission report and payments for hotel sales referral program. Enter referrals in to Excel report detailing commissions on a weekly basis. Submit report to monthly for approval and review. Submit check requests for commissions to Finance upon approval by Head of Marketing.
- Manage the Hotel Concierge Sales program and drive budgeted sales through the Referral program and advanced sales.
- Monitor competitive set of attractions for strengths, weaknesses, volume of business, promotions, incentives and commissions.
- Distribute print collateral, commission checks, and updates on the attraction including product development, ticket pricing, commission structures and incentive programs on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain concierge database.
- Develop opportunities to grow convention sales.
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...