The employee in this classification, under the limited supervision of an assigned supervisor, performs a variety of clerical accounting duties which require an understanding of departmental operations, a high degree of accuracy and independent judgement; may perform the following tasks depending upon the assigned department: balances and reconciles accounts; computes interest, penalties and fees; processes cash disbursements and accounts payable and receivable; reads and routes incoming mail; and answers telephone; performs related clerical duties; operates standard office equipment such as typewriters, personal computers, word processors, facsimiles machines, copiers, calculators and adding machines; may oversee the work of other clerical employees; performs related duties as assigned.
- Performs a variety of clerical accounting duties which require an understanding of departmental operations, a high degree of accuracy and independent judgement.
- Posts entries to various account and cash journals, computes daily balances.
- Reconciles bank balances to original account entries and supporting records.
- Computes interest, penalties, fines and arrearage owed on delinquent accounts.
- Calculates and compiles figures for periodic reports.
- Opens, updates and closes accounts according to departmental policies and standard procedures.
- Disburses payments and other funds to various accounts.
- Operates personal computer to input, manipulate and extract data to generate required reports.
- Checks computer sheet against all accounts posted daily to assure accuracy, making corrections and changes as needed.
- Types or prepares vouchers, invoices, account statements, records and other correspondence.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Files, searches for and retrieves records and documents.
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Bends, stoops and reaches in order to file, search for and retrieve records and documents.
- Lifts, moves and carries equipment and supplies that weigh up to 25 pounds.
- Makes duplicate copies of reports and/or information which is then routed to proper persons, departments and/or filed.
- Receives incoming telephone calls; answers questions appropriate to skill level; relays messages to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Provides assistance to the public and answers inquiries by telephone and mail regarding taxes, fees, billings, payments and departmental procedures.
- Operates standard office equipment such as typewriters, personal computers, word processors, facsimile machines, copiers, calculators and adding machines.
- May oversee the work of other clerical employees.
- The statements contained in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Possession of a high school diploma or a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development Test, preferably supplemented with business school or college courses in general business.
- A minimum of two (2) years of clerical accounting experience.
- Successful completion of the probationary period for the position of Account Clerk III.
- Be physically able to perform the essential job functions, with or without, reasonable accommodation.
Martha T. Berry Medical Care Facility
43533 Elizabeth Road
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
Macomb County, MI - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Chat about Macomb County MI real estate