Founded in 1999, Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Our social and mobile cloud technologies — including our flagship sales and CRM applications — help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. With more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
- Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Force.com.
- Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, SalesforceData.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, and Salesforce Site.com.
- Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku and Salesforce Radian 6.
- Empower small business to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.
- Extend a company's social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace, AppExchange.
- Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.
We've been recognized for four consecutive years as one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 2012, named the World's Most Innovative Company and the third Fastest-Growing Tech Company by Forbes.
The Business Intelligence Engineer
will work towards improving the efficiency of the Dev/QA organization by developing and implementing new functionality and increasing test coverage of systems that support various business processes at Salesforce.com. This requires the candidate to be able to learn quickly, work in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel.
• Solid understanding of Data Warehousing – knowledge of a wide range of data warehouse technologies including ETL and reporting.
• Exposure to Big data environments a plus ( PIG/Hive/Haddop)
• Proven implementation skills – We expect the ideal candidate to have 3+ years of experience in data warehousing 2 projects with large data volumes (in Terabytes).
• Experience in MPP systems is a plus !
• Exposure to multiple technologies – These may include DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server), ETL (Informatica, Ascential, Ab Initio, SSIS), Reporting (Business Objects Micro Strategy, Tableau), OLAP (SSAS, Hyperion), , OS (Solaris, HP-UX, Windows, Linux).
• Review functional specifications and develop/Execute detailed test plans;
• Support ongoing business performance & trends analyses as required to inform management decisions.
• Work cross-functionally to establish reporting & decision-making standards.
• Work in close cooperation with product owners, developers and release engineers.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 3-7 years of experience in Business intelligence, Bachelors Degree in related field
• Experience Developing with Informatica (strongly preferred) or any other ETL tool.
• Oracle database 9i/10g;
• Experience with creating Unix shell scripts
• Ability to work independently;
• Data Warehouse QA experience: batch loads, error/rejected records processing, testing of SCD implementations and process dependencies required;
• Hands on experience with Test Automation tools;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, outstanding attention to detail;
• Ability to work in an Agile/Scrum environment on multiple projects against aggressive deadlines;
• Excellent time management skills
• Reporting tools, e.g., Business Objects Enterprise, Cognos, etc. would be nice to have.
• Knowledge of any scripting or programming languages, such as Python, Perl, Linux shell or Java
• Worked on MPP platform Like Hadoop (PIG, Hive) a plus
• Experience in Data modeling tool like – ERWin, Embercadero a plus
• Any experience with testing Highly Available systems is desired.
• Grasp of general back-office business processes CRM related experience
• Agile Software development