CARE seeks a Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Advisor to provide technical oversight and management of nutrition interventions and key activities in the USAID Integrated Nutrition/WASH/Hygiene project. The project’s goal is to improve the nutritional status of mothers and children, measured by rates of stunting and wasting in children under five and rates of maternal anemia. This goal will be achieved through four intermediate results: 1) Increased household-level practice of key Essential Nutrition Actions; 2) Increased use of improved sanitation facilities; 4) Improved hygiene behaviors; and 4) Increased capacity of private and public sector partners to promote healthy behaviors.
The Advisor will specifically be responsible for overseeing the technical quality of nutrition interventions and activities; appropriate integration across the key areas of nutrition, WASH and hygiene; coordination of nutrition activities across the target provinces of Siem Reap, Battambang and Pursat, which will require regular travel to the field; and oversight of monitoring and evaluation and social behavior and communication change activities as they relate to nutrition-specific activities and interventions.
Level of Representation
- This position directly reports to the Chief of Party for Integrated Nutrition/ WASH/Hygiene
- This position directly supervises 0 staff members.
Number of Partner Relationships Managed
- National and sub-national with Ministry of Health, Rural Development and key NGO and civil society stakeholders
- Three (iDE, CWPD and Ministry of Health)
Technical Oversight for all Nutrition Activities
Support Coordination of Nutrition Activities across Provinces
- Lead overall multi-sectoral nutrition strategy and components of this new program.
- Provide regular guidance to program staff on nutrition activities;
- Coordinate and provide guidance on the implementation of relevant technical resources and guidance documents for implementation of the program;
- Remain up to date on global recommendations for nutrition while integrating appropriate recommendations into programming efforts;
- As needed, develop or provide guidance on the development of tools and resources that can improve implementation of nutrition activities;
- Advocate for national guidelines and resources as needed to achieve optimal program outcomes.
Support Monitoring and Evaluation and Social and Behavior Change Communication Activities
- Work closely with the Chief of Party and other advisors to understand current programming progress;
- Regularly coordinate with the other advisors to integrate improving nutrition throughout the program;
- Ensure that nutrition remains integrated across all key areas of the program as needed;
- As needed, develop or provide guidance on the development of tools and resources that can improve implementation of nutrition activities.
- Provide inputs into all M&E tools to ensure nutrition activities are properly tracked;
- Regularly review program outputs to ensure progress towards meeting nutrition objectives;
- Provide guidance into evaluation tools and protocols;
- Work closely with program advisors and consultants to ensure activities are enabling change in nutrition behaviors at the community level;
- Provide inputs into relevant SBCC materials for improving nutrition behavior at the household and community level.
- Comply with all relevant CARE Cambodia policies and standard procedures;
- Promote a strong team environment by contributing ideas, listening to others and willingly take on tasks that fall outside of this job description as directed by an employee with the appropriate delegation;
- Work constructively with colleagues in other departments to promote the objectives of the organization;
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to gender equality and diversity;
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; fostering a safety and security culture and ensure compliance with CARE Cambodia safety and security policies and procedures.
- Over 10 years’ experience managing or providing technical support to nutrition interventions/ programs, with developing county experience of at least 5 years.
- Post-graduate education in public health, nutrition or related field;
- Experience with nutrition programs in Asia;
- Demonstrated experience in management of community based programs or business/social enterprise marketing;
- Ability to work effectively and engage with government health systems, processes and delivery models in developing countries;
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- Proven capacity in community mobilization and engagement;
- Preferable experience in social and behavior change communication for nutrition interventions;
- Familiarity and understanding of USAID rules and regulations and standard operating procedures;
- Fluent oral and strong analytical communication skills in English;
- Written English communication skills required.
CARE is an international humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring about lasting change to their communities. CARE’s mandate and institutional strengths are focused on reaching the most marginalized and impoverished, which informs CARE’s commitment to women’s empowerment. CARE first began providing relief and development assistance in Cambodia in 1973. Assistance evolved into supporting refugee operations on the Thai/Cambodia border following 1975. Offices were reopened in Phnom Penh in 1990 to support UN efforts with the repatriation of Cambodians. Since 1993, CARE Cambodia has worked in collaboration with the Cambodian government, non-government organisations (NGOs) and private sector partners to support health, nutrition, livelihoods, education, and rural development initiatives.
- Work experience in Cambodia;
- Khmer language skills, written and verbal;
- Experience working in nutrition and WASH integration.
Care.org - 4 months ago