Ooyala is powering personalized viewing experiences across all screens. Ooyala reaches nearly 200 million unique viewers and delivers 1 billion+ videos per month. We serve 1,000+ customers in more than 30 countries. We have an opportunity for a Mac Administrator to join our growing team in Mountain View, California. We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for computers and technology that can excel in a fast-paced start up environment. As Mac Administrator you will be responsible for the day-to-day hardware and software support of our desktop environment of Macintosh and Linux computers.
- Develop and support centralized MacOS image deployment and administration.
- Able to diagnose and resolve networking issues.
- Comfortable working in Linux environment including troubleshooting, updating, installing, and securing.
- New employee Mac computer setup, software and hardware installations, software upgrades, troubleshooting computer issues and printer support.
- Identification and procurement of computers, software and peripheral devices.
- Use their exceptional communication, technical and organization skills to manage existing help desk tickets.
- Work autonomously with attention to detail on concurrent help desk tickets under tight deadlines in a high-growth company.
- Rotational 7x24 coverage
- 4+ years of hands-on desktop support experience in a Macintosh/Linux environment
- In-depth understanding of:
- Mac OS X,
- Image Deployment
- Administrative support, such as DeployStudio, Casper Suite, etc.
Additional Cultural prerequisites:
- Administrative understanding of:
- Microsoft Office
- Omni tools
- iWorks, etc.
- DNS, DHCP, LDAP,
- Microsoft Windows
- Wiki – Confluence, Google
- GIT, Debian/Ubuntu, Linux, Microsoft Windows
- Virtualization technology – VMWare, VirtualBox, KVM, etc.
- Strong IT fundamentals understanding of hardware, networking, security and troubleshooting
- Experience in troubleshooting common software and hardware issues with laptops, desktops and printers
- Experience with networking including connectivity and performance troubleshooting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership and pride in their work
- Practical, supportable, and cost effective solutions
- Loves documentation and mentoring
- Very hands on
- Devoted to end-user productivity and success
- Positive attitude
- Results oriented