Under general supervision, this position is responsible operating shop machinery such as breaks, punches, shears, drill presses, etc. for the fabrication of various materials according to a production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up and operate various fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses to bend, cut, punch, drill, or otherwise form and fabricate materials according to drawings, diagrams and written/verbal instructions
• Operate computer automated fabrication machines
• Inspect all work-pieces and report defective materials to management
• Locate and mark work-piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications
• Move parts into position, manually or by using hoists or cranes
• Follow a production schedule plan
• Maintain related equipment used for installation of components and assembly; immediately notify Maintenance of any needed repairs
• Observe and follow all company safety rules and policies
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED and
+ years of machine operator experience are required.
: Some limited proficiency with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of metal fabrications or other structures
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Must be able to read a tape measure, build equipment using drawings, and calculate lengths and angles
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid driver's license
• Forklift Certification or the ability to obtain one
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
J-W Energy Company - 14 months ago