Postal/Zip Code: 97013
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete and plastic products in the United States. our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
Retrieves, inspects, and prepares product to customer supplied specifications. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates press, inspects and prepares parts for shipment per Operator Instructions
- Maintains records of production and quality issues as specified
- Notifies supervisor of non-conforming product or problems with machine, materials, etc.
- Communicates production issues with the next press operator, and grinds parts/scrap as needed
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Performs routine machine maintenance. Basic understanding of electronics and programmable controllers
- Know the basics of hydraulics, electricity and tools
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or one to six months of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...