Under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor/Lead Person, the Compounder is responsible for processing of the materials by blending, mixing, heating, cooling, milling and/or de-aerating as instructed by doing the following. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Weigh, mix and dispense the types and amounts of materials that are required in the batch record formula.
- Identify containers, vessels and processing equipment with the appropriate information to indicate the product being contained or processed
- Match all labels, and quantities with the batch record formula
- Must be able to document process as per batch record formula and SOPs
- Must be able to load and unload raw materials compounded batches
- Monitor compounding process periodically and report any abnormal conditions to the Manager or Supervisor
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMP guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
Prior manufacturing experience required
Compounding experience preferred
Education/Certification/ Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Ability to write simple correspondence
Basic mathematical skills
Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc within a manufacturing environment
NBTY, Inc. manufactures, markets, distributes, and retails vitamins, nutritional supplements, and related products in the United States and...