Under moderate supervision, performs such duties as required in the servicing of oil and gas wells and the maintenance and repair of service units and tools. Having satisfactorily completed all the training requirements for Trainee Operator, the Assistant Operator will broaden experience on well sites and primary tool maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties :
Operates, under normal conditions, the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; "zeros" tools and monitors tension meter, cable speed, depth and spooling of cable; understands depth control and weight indicator systems; uses all winch cable safety controls.
Prepares well for service operations, aligns logging unit, installs sheave wheel, threads cable, and connects multiple tools as required.
3. Learns to select, load and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job.
4. Learns to assist the Engineer in maintenance checks of tools and equipment in the Cell.
5. Participates in inspecting, maintaining and repairing primary tools, service units, and associated equipment according to the RITE program.
6. Learns to service, maintain, and assist in marking cables.
7. Learns to build bridles and heads.
8. Identifies the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the district.
1. Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
2. Attends and participates in safety meetings as required
3. Keeps and maintains time sheets, and dangerous goods forms current and accurate
4. Keep up to date on &
gt;90% of NEST requirements
5. Performs tool TRIM
6. Calibrates tools as required
Previous Experience and Competencies:
High school education or equivalent
Evaluation of at least "Satisfactory" on the Trainee/Assistant Operator section of TOPS.
Minimum of six months as a Trainee Operator.
Experience in accurately meeting predetermined specifications.
- Understand basic use of volt/amp meters.
Position requires driving and a Class B commercial driving license and hazmat endorsement.
Candidates MUST be willing to work long hours/various shifts.
SGF Global - 9 months ago
For more than 20 years, our clients have trusted us to help them recruit leaders around the world and incorporate them into their...