About Mars Fishcare
Mars Fishcare is passionate about fishkeeping, and about supporting the fishkeeping hobby.
We have been a pioneer in the aquatics industry for more than 50 years, researching and developing quality products to help people create and enjoy their aquariums and ponds. We are an industry leader and international manufacturer of treatments, food, equipment and test kits.
Mars Fishcare is committed to making a difference to our planet and its people by providing innovative, scientifically proven fishkeeping solutions. Our global headquarters and manufacturing site are located together in Chalfont PA, 30 miles north of Philadelphia. Collectively between our Chalfont facility, our UK and French warehouses we supply 60 countries globally. In total, we employ over 130 associates between all three locations.
More information about our business can be found at our website,
and check out our facebook page at
Expected to operate all machinery and equipment safely, and at optimal level. Maintain quality standards; adhere to GMPs, manufacturing instructions and standard operating procedures (SOPs). Load materials, operate equipment (dry and liquid manufacturing), palletizing cases, and perform quality product testing on line. Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Every associate at Mars Fishcare has the responsibility for the achievement of associate safety and for our network’s quality and food safety.
– Be a role model and provide a safe environment for themselves, other associates and contractors.
– Ensure that all product attributes are meeting standards and provide direction on what is acceptable and not acceptable.
– Take a leadership role in managing their time and other associates time who are working on the same line to maximize effectiveness and utilization of equipment.
– role model expected behavior for associates by providing an environment that is supportive and encouraging to the development of associates and contractors. Machine Operator will be required to be a lead person on packaging lines to guide and direct other associates and contractors.
Key Critical Competencies
Drive for Results
Decision Making Authority and Impact
Make decisions on safety and product quality or ask questions if needed.
Make judgment calls on machine operation (needing support from maintenance) and production requirements.
Make recommendations on best practice and improvements needed to sustain and improve manufacturing.
Key Technical Knowledge and Functional Skills
– ability to run all machines effectively both liquid and dry packaging machines, perform machine adjustments (labeller, torque etc.), changeover flushing and minor preventive maintenance tasks i.e. cleaning and greasing. Be able to perform fill measurements using graduated cylinders. Properly measure torques and make adjustments as necessary.
– familiar with product and requirements to meet FDA and VMD requirements as well as meeting internal quality standards
– Able to fill in and provide all required documentation for production runs including, but not limited to Liquid Production Record, Process Inspection Sheets, Request for Changeover forms and Material Requisition forms, Production Line Report, Net Weight sheets, etc.
Requirements and Preferred Experience
- Able to stand for 8 hours plus overtime if scheduled.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting constantly to load shippers and pallets up to approximately 5 feet high.
- 1 year or more years machine operation experience, with track record of positive performance
- Associates degree (in technical field) or Technical degree
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Mars - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...