To pleat laminated media for the production lines.
· Reads schedule to determine the size of laminated media to use.
· Inspects laminated media for quality.
· Loads media onto machine.
· Sets up pleat machine to number of pleats are needed for the size filter being run.
· As media gets pleated and comes through the machine, cut pleated media to proper size determined by marker.
· Inspect pleated media for any defects and discard if unacceptable and does not meet specifications.
· Pleated media is then transferred to the assembly line.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
· Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Must be able to learn how to operate the pleater machine.
· Must have ability to recognize if laminated media quality does not meet specifications.
· Must have measurement skills to 1/16”.
· Ability to read and understand instructions and daily production schedules.
· Must have basic math skills.
· Must be able to solve practical problems and understand written or verbal instructions.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Call maintenance when service on machine is required.
· Reject media if it does not meet criteria.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to stand at work station for extended periods of time.
· Required to walk continuously during shift.
· Position requires close vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and depth perception.
· Must be able to constantly reach with both hands and arms.
· Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
· Must be able to withstand a noisy, dusty environment.
· Must adhere to all company safety policies.
· Must be able to work in both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...