This is an exciting time to showcase your skills as a Machine Operator II in the Phoenix Repair
and Overhaul facility at Honeywell Aerospace!
Honeywell Aerospace has approximately 40,000 employees around the world and 2013 revenue
of $12 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are
found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions
that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin
electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe,
efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines,
business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport
and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information,
please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_aerospace.
The opening is for a Machinist to operate a CNC/Manual Lathe and hold close tolerances for
aerospace Repair & Overhaul product. Candidate must be able to hold a specified surface finish
in accordance to process instructions.
Candidate must be able to work with and interpret routings and prints, apply knowledge of shop
math (trigonometry and geometry). Participate in developing new processes and cycle time
reductions. Manual lathe experience is a plus. Candidate must be comfortable in an open setup
environment and have the ability to operate CNC Fanuc controls.
Candidate must be able to properly use and handle the following measuring instruments: Height
stands and indicators, ID Micrometer, OD Micrometer, Calipers, Bore Micrometer, Radius Gage,
Surface Plate, air gages, plug gages, and cell specific dedicated gages.
Associate must be team oriented, be willing to work his/her fair share of overtime, and be
proficient in basic PC transactions. Associate will also be required to flex/crosstrain to other
areas within the cell as needed.
*Training will be OJT (on the job) during second shift hours
- Sets up and operates a CNC/Manual lathe in accordance with established procedures and
- Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion
- May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with 2-4
years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager
*Work Schedule: 2:30PM-11:00PM
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (must be verified)
- Minimum 2 years experience on CNC Manual Lathe
- US Citizen required due to ITAR restrictions
DOT/FAA regulations require all employees, regular and temporary, in safety-sensitive positions
- Familiar with micrometers and calipers
- CNC/Manual Lathe Experience
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, hands on problem solvent
- Able to work overtime and weekends, as required
- Trade/ Tech school desired
- Experience using CNC and Manual lathe
- Lifting will exceed 30 Lbs. and/or repetitions of this or lesser weights will be significant
to be included in the Honeywell Anti-drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan. All applicants for
placement in DOT/FAA safety-sensitive positions will be required to submit to a pre-employment
drug test, testing for Amphetamines, Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates, and Phencyclidine (PCP).
Integrated Supply Chain
High School Diploma/GED
University Relations Requisition
Honeywell - 8 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...