- Qualification and inspection of Gleason Machines ensuring conformance to Gleason specifications.
- This includes all mechanical, hydraulic, lubrication, and pneumatic systems as well as all machine cycles, safety requirements and special customer requirements.
- Set up machines to perform test jobs and/or customer jobs to specified limits.
- Make gear development changes and corrections as required from inspection data.
- Identify and document problems as well as suggest solutions.
- Demonstrate machines during customer visits and provide training when necessary.
- May require some travel and flexibility to work different shifts.
- Essential requirements of this job include strong mechanical aptitude, basic computer skills and knowledge of systems (i.e. Windows Office, SAP), ability to setup and interpret measurement equipment (i.e., dial/electronic indicators and chart recorders).
- Good work habits (i.e., willingness to work overtime, excellent attendance, flexibility, self-starter, well organized, good personality to work with customers, good facilitator of activities, and work well with others).
- Must be willing to cross train and learn as well as accept new assignments.
- Prior Gleason machine experience (CNC machine operation, gear process, assembly, or metrology) is preferred.