P OSITION: Machinist/Fabricator
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager for Testing
In this position you will be a key member of our R&D team working with engineers, designers and product managers. You will be responsible for a number of machining and fabrication projects, but your main objective is making prototype parts, assemblies, frames and test fixtures for the development team. You will need to successfully manage all aspects of a project and do so under little supervision. A successful candidate will relish working on a variety of projects in a dynamic team environment. We are looking for a person with creativity, great mechanical problem solving skills, and a clear passion for their craft.
Making prototype parts, assemblies and/or frames:
Take 2D drawings or 3D models from engineers and machine and/or fabricate prototypes in a timely manner.
Use a combination of manual and CNC machining to make parts
Use Pro E and Pro Manufacture to design and produce parts on a CNC mill
Be able to use a wide variety of fabricating techniques including TIG and MIG welding
Participate in brainstorming on the best ways to make the parts/assemblies for prototype purposes
Test lab fixture fabrication:
Take 3D models from engineers and fabricate test lab fixtures or create 3D as needed on your own to fabricate fixtures.
Participate in brainstorming on the best way to develop testing fixtures.
Depending upon experience, share or lead machine design of complicated test machines, including responsibility to fabricate, machine, assemble, debug and test.
Modeling in Pro E to support assigned projects
Supporting other departments within Specialized when a machined or welded part is needed
Creative problem solving with engineering and testing team.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ideal candidate has at least 5 years of CNC experience. Pro Manufacture experience is a plus. A BSME or BSMET degree is helpful and would allow a less CNC experienced candidate to succeed.
- Must be an expert machinist in a variety of materials.
- Experience with CAD software, Pro E is our standard at Specialized. Ability to design complex 3D assemblies is a plus. Machine Design experience is a plus.
- Capable welder. Frame building experience is a huge plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Avid cyclist and expert bike mechanic would complement this position.
Specialized is the global leader in the designing and manufacturing of high performing technologically advanced bicycles, components and cycling apparel for world champion riders and cycling enthusiasts. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Morgan Hill, California, Specialized is a global company with offices throughout the world.
To apply for this position please visit www.specialized.com
Specialized Bicycle Components - 10 months ago
Specialized Bicycle Components didn't set out to make a museum piece, but the company's original Stumpjumper (the first...