1. Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
2. Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots machinery and tooling. Ensures that parts and tooling are in accordance with instructions, prints, and work orders. May be required to make drawings or sketches of parts to be made or repaired.
3. Proficient in the use of all shop equipment to install, maintain, and troubleshoot machinery and tooling.
4. Interprets drawings, calculates, and determines indices, tapers, and other dimensions to be used for part(s), working raw materials into finished dimensions with exact tolerances per print.
5. Performs layout work as required.
6. Receives tools and paperwork; establishes and maintains logbooks.
7. Selects, grinds, and adjusts tools ensuring correct speeds and feed rates of tooling for efficient machining. Ensures that parts and tooling are in accordance to precision requirements for both tolerance and finish.
8. Sets up and operates machine tools, lathes, and grinders.
9. Performs dismantling, fitting or assembly work required for maintenance of production equipment.
10. Repairs and maintains all assigned machines and equipment including preventative maintenance.
11. Performs organizational duties including maintaining an organized and clean work area.
12. Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
13. Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
14. Performs welding and heat treating as needed.
15. May monitor supply conditions and informs management as necessary.
16. May provide support for plant facilities maintenance.
• Job related experience for 3-5 years minimum.
• Working knowledge of the following areas: standard machine shop practices, metallurgy, heat treatment, welding, and brazing; all assigned equipment.
• Required on-the-job and classroom training.
• Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
• Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
• Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
• Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
• Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the operation of grinders, lathes, drill presses, precision measuring tools, blueprint reading and other machine shop equipment, and working to tolerances of + .000050.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
• Organizational. Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
• Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
• Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 22 months ago