Datacard Group is building on a 40-year heritage of innovation and customer success. Our portfolio of solutions, backed by expert service and support, enable card and secure ID programs for financial, government and other markets worldwide. With an unmatched commitment to customer satisfaction, Datacard® remains the industry’s leading brand of secure ID and card personalization solutions.
The Machinist will setup and operate CNC machinery to produce high quality parts per engineering prints and specifications.
Uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
Assembles, repairs, and fabricates metal parts by operating mechanical equipment.
Assembles parts into sub-units or complete units.
This position will work Monday - Friday and the hours are 6:00am to 2:30pm.
Run various CNC machines as scheduled.
- Set up CNC machines for production.
- Fabricate and assemble fixtures, jigs, and assembly tooling for manufacturing.
- Ability to understand and edit CNC programs.
- Use standard measuring tools to inspect work and make adjustments as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures to support machining operations.
- Clean equipment and shop on a regular basis.
- Assist in the design and provide feedback and information to Machine Shop team on new project concepts.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and job procedures.
- Interaction with design engineering and manufacturing engineering under general supervision.
- Individual is required to take written and verbal instructions and be able to read and build parts per drawings.
- 3-5 years of machining experience.
- Must have experience setting up and running 3-axis CNC machining centers.
- High degree of creativity and good communication skills.
- Desired experience using Mazatrol Controllers.
- Ability to program (Conversational or G-Code) CNC machines
- Experience setting up and running 3, 4, & 5-axis CNC machining centers.
- 2-year degree or certificate in a related field.
- Strong computer skills.
Datacard Group is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
No Agencies and No Relocation
Datacard Group - 18 months ago
DataCard has a full deck of financial and identification products. The company, which does business as DataCard Group, offers card printers,...