· Perform repairs to equipment and parts that are broken or damaged to allow economical salvage of these components.
· Design, fabricate (cut, weld, spray weld, etc…), machine, and assemble components when necessary.
· Display the ability to learn and apply new knowledge through attendance at technical classes to advance technical capabilities.
· Communicate effectively with customers, other employees and supervisor.
· Maintain and utilize work areas, tools and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
· Support, move and load equipment and vehicles safely.
· Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
· Adhere to company policies, procedures and safety regulations. Use all safety equipment as necessary. Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
· Other duties or projects as assigned.
· Achieves customer satisfaction and profitability through quality maintenance, diagnosis, repair and percentage of reworks.
· Meet flat rate and/or estimated hours allocated for each job.
· Applies technical knowledge through regular attendance at technical training classes.
· Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
· Adheres to company policies, procedures and practices.
· High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
· Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the product service and maintenance function (Blue prints, service and parts manuals, technical bulletins, and other related articles).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Certificate of technical training and/or knowledge in machining and welding.
· Trained and certified to operate equipment.
· Math skills for critical measurement.
· Minimum of two years of machining experience.
· Must meet personal tooling requirements for a machinist.
· Shop/warehouse environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt and noise.
· Valid Virginia Drivers License with an acceptable record.
Physical / Mental Abilities:
· Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
· Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
· Stand/walk 8 – 10 hours a day, and/or sit 1- 2 hours a day.
· Frequently lift 50 – 100 lbs.
· Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing pulling and fine manipulation.
· Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
· Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
· Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job; management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
GSS - 30+ days ago