Madison B-Cycle Tech/|
Madison B-cycle, Madison’s Urban Bike Sharing Program is looking for a qualified technician and driver for employment March - December. This role is the public face of B-cycle therefore a positive and friendly attitude are an absolute necessity! Perspective employee must possess excellent customer service skills. Ideal candidate is team driven, goal oriented, and self-motivated.
We believe in our bikes. We believe in our customers. We believe in our community. We strive to educate our customers and create positive cycling experiences. Positions are for serious inquiries only.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Works alone or with other Street Team members under the guidance of the Bicycle Service Department Manager.
- Rides a bicycle or drives a van throughout city to check status and perform routine maintenance on bicycles.
- Evaluates bike condition, and escalates issues, as needed.
- Inspects bike stations for safety, operability, and cleanliness.
- Works with Customer Service and Bike Service teams to ensure timely and productive workflows.
- Some data entry, for inventory tracking purposes.
- Keeps a positive relationship with all co-workers
- Bike maintenance (overhauls, 2 week inspection, basic repair)
- Customer service/ interaction (answering calls, Questions on the street)
- Operating/maintaining sprinter van (cleaning and running)
- Installation and removal of stations seasonally
- Maintain stations (troubleshooting, replacing parts, winterizing, batteries)
- Balancing the system (Moving bikes around)
- Events (setup, tabling, tear down)
Small team skills and a willingness to have fun while completing the goals are a must! Because we’re in the bike business the selected candidate must be flexible with scheduling.
- Must have clean driving record, and ability to operate
- Must be able to start in May with ability to work various shifts, as assigned
- Some bicycle mechanic experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Madison geography/ street layout
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Adaptability—enthusiastically adapt to changes in work environment.
- Dependability—follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicated frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Accountability—the individual will be working unsupervised frequently
- Requires stooping, bending, and lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Schedule: This position is hourly, seasonal, full time
Please note: a cover letter is required. Please address your qualifications, and why you would make a Rockstar addition to our team.
Trek Bicycle Corporation - 15 months ago