Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a T EMPORARY Magic Web Content Team Video Producer to join our team. Only local candidates need apply as this is a temporary position.
Charged with producing videos from set-up and filming through to final editing, production, and file management, the Video Producer will bring the project’s vision to life through an understanding of skilled cinematography, the technology used to produce videos, file management, and archival. This position will p rovides support and coordinate various aspects of production and facilitate collaborative efforts among organized play, brand, marketing, and promotion groups.
The Video Producer will execute each video considering pace for optimal impact as well as the project’s message. He/she will coordinate with both in and out of house teams when necessary, working closely with the Magic Web Content, Web Production, and Brand teams.
Must be skilled in the physical aspect of a video’s production such as expertly operating a camera, lights, and audio equipment on set, in the studio and in the field, whether using prosumer HD equipment or professional hardware; as well as software aptitude: needs to be current in all video and audio editing software. Must also be proficient in all production requirements for both online and broadcast.
Works with instructional direction from Senior Web Specialist and/or Brand Manager. Collaborates with Web Specialists, Online Producers, Online Designers, and Graphic Designers. Contacts include Research and Development members and Brand team members.
- Helps execute and edit scripted and non-scripted productions using raw footage, motion graphics and audio elements
- Liaises between in-house Web, Brand and Creative teams and outside vendors/clients
- Modify and improve the video process and schedules for the Magic Web Content team
- Smoothly transitions from set dress and shoot set-up to job management, audio/video editing and production tasks
- Ensures that all files are in the correct format, at the correct file size, optimally compressed, and ready for distribution, on time and on budget
- Organize and maintain archive of video files; Ensure video files, both working and final, are placed on the company server in proper places
- Must be able to source, gather, and doctor the visual assets needed to produce videos within limited budgets and schedules. Must work with the respective Brand’s Marketing Art Director to obtain and/or create all necessary visual assets; assets include product shots, artwork, logos, text treatments, supers, and simple animations
- Ensure all concepts and/or scripts are reviewed by all appropriate team members prior to Brand review on a project-by-project basis (e.g.: design meetings, concepting sessions, etc.)
- Liaises between in-house Brand and Creative teams and outside vendors; outside vendors include, but are not limited to: Production Houses, Animation Studios, Post-Production Studios, Recording Studios, Directors, Producers, Talent Agents, Actors, Production Assistants, and Set Designers
- Maintain Wizards of the Coast’s high quality and production standards
- Take direction and assimilate feedback from multiple parties
- Ability to shoot, edit, and push video live during gaming events is a plus
Work Experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in production for scripted and unscripted projects
- Professional credited work experience that showcases strong production value
Skills & Abilities Required
- Visual storyteller with experienced, professional creative techniques and tactics
- Familiarity handling video cameras, lights and audio for professional production
- Able to take original footage from concept phase to final output, executing for all necessary applications and working within a spectrum of file size restrictions
- Strength in speedy, accurate execution of short form video content
- Able to take direction well in stressful environments
- Current knowledge of relevant regulations, specifications as they relate to video and motion graphics production and distribution
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines, and produce within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills— Ability to address various and diverse stakeholder interests and work towards mutually acceptable solution
- Excellent presentation skills
- Initiative and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and expertise in broadcast/narrowcast video techniques and platforms, including but not limited to YouTube and Twitch.tv
- Must be able to take constructive criticism and with a positive attitude incorporate input from others that result in modifications of original work
- Knowledge of marketing and visual branding is a plus
- Stays current on emerging technologies
- Knowledge of current game industry trends a plus
- On-going understanding of Wizards of the Coast products and programs is a plus
- Team player, willing to collaborate
Software Knowledge Required
Must have proficiency in all current industry standard video and audio editing software including: Final Cut Pro, Premier, After Effects, Garage Band
Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Communications, Multimedia Production, Liberal Arts or equivalent combination work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...