JOB SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, receives and sorts incoming and/or outgoing mail (correspondence, small packages) for distribution. Under direct supervision routes and delivers mail by organization, department, location, floor, building or individual as instructed.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Tami Meade.
1. Under direct supervision, receives, sorts and routes all incoming mail. Prepares incoming mail for distribution.
2. Under direct supervision, processes and dispatches outgoing mail. Handles outgoing mail by wrapping, classifying, weighing and determining postal rates.
3. Returns unidentified mail to the sender. Slots all miscellaneous mail to its correct addressee.
4. Maintains records on postage expenditures and costs as well as registered mail and packages.
5. Under direct supervision, operates mailroom equipment including the mail conveyor, inserters, slitters, calculator and postage meters. Makes appropriate service calls for equipment repair and maintenance. Maintains an adequate supply of inserting materials such as postage stamps and envelopes.
6. May handle fax operations and activities.
7. All mail clerks in Shared Services are required to provide back up coverage to our switchboard operator functions, if both of these functions are in the same location under our organization
8. Associates in Shared Services are required to assist in setting up conference rooms and events as requested by customers in locations where this service is requested, to include but not limited to rearranging furniture (tables and chairs), setting up audio visual equipment, etc.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Six months of work experience.
Knowledge: Knowledge of basic administration and clerical procedures.
Skills: Must have the ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions. Must have the ability to communicate interpersonally. Must be able to operate personal computers, copiers, fax machines and other mailroom equipment. Must have the ability to be trained in using software programs needed in the performance of mail processing duties.
Staffing exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Director and Human Resources.
Working Conditions: Mailroom environment. Standing for extended periods of time, walking, stooping, lifting up to 60 pounds, higher noise levels. May require the ability to work a second or third shift. Overtime and/or extended work hours based on workload and as required by management.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Safety Sensitive: This job has been identified as a Safety Sensitive (SS) position and in accordance with our substance free work place program may be subject to random alcohol and other drug testing.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible (non-exempt)
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 11 months ago